Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We strive to maintain a work environment where everyone can apply and develop skills and talents consistent with our values and business objectives. This applies to every employee, regardless of location, gender, ethnicity, and physical abilities.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Shell Petroleum Development Company Graduate Recruitment
Security Coordinator, SNG
Responsible for the security of Shell’s human and physicals assets in Shell Nigeria Gas – SNG (including offices, facilities and projects) as well as planning, scheduling and managing security escorts in SNG areas of operations.
Responsibilities would include coordinating the activities of Government Security Agencies (GSAs), particularly the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), the Supernumerary (SPY) Police and contracted Civil Guards to provide robust and fit-for-purpose security coverage; planning and management of security logistics in SNG, as well as leading and coordinating the supervisors deployed to SNG. In addition, incumbent manages all HSE issues in SNG security activities and acts as a focal point for journey management in SNG security operations.
Incumbent will also serve as contract holder for the major security contracts in SNG.
- Conduct Security Risk Assessment (SRA) for Shell personnel, facilities and operations/activities in SNG.
- Produce and deploy Facility Security Plans (FSP) for the key facilities and activities in SNG operations, drawing from recommendations from the SRA.
- Implement adequate and fit-for-purpose security counter-measures to manage identified risks to ALARP.
- Manage all security activities, including access control, demonstrably reflecting Shell HSSE strategy, policy and guidelines.
- Maintain close operational relationship and liaison with Government Security Agencies in operational areas of SNG and SPY Police Command to deliver value to the business.
- Provide regular briefing and awareness sessions on VPSHR to deployed Government Security personnel to SNG operations, facilities and projects.
- Review contractors’ activity/project security plans and produce bridging documents as required
- Monitor (in conjunction with SIS) changes in the security climate and advise SNG leadership on Security Operating Levels (SOL) in areas of operations.
- Carry out field visits and confirm/review adequacy of counter-measures deployed on site.
- Act as Contract Holder to assigned security contracts in SNG, and effectively manage the Security Services contract to ensure value for money for the company.
- Manage HSE issues in SNG security and Coordinate Security Road Transport Investigations resulting from security activities.
- Conduct periodic Security Risk Assessments (SRA) for land transport in SNG, and ensure that required security mitigations are in place for all movements.
- Managing/improving relationship with the High Command (Police Area Commanders, DPOs etc) of security agencies around company’s operational areas to guarantee and facilitate continuous support.
- Haphazard scheduling of trips due to ad-hoc and sometimes emergency requests
- Being able to effectively cover SNG operations that span across five states and still expanding.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years of industrial security experience, including managing security in complex environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; strategic thinker with good data management skill
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience in leading and managing teams.
- Track record of high level of performance over an extended period.
- An analytical mind and well-developed interpersonal skills for interaction with Stakeholders at different levels within and outside the organization.
- A strong and committed team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Security Logistics Coordinator
Manages security logistics support for SCIN companies operating in Western Nigeria, which majorly entails managing the entire escort services system and logistic support for senior leaders.
Responsibilities include planning and management of logistics; as well as leading and coordinating Security Road Transport Investigations resulting from security activity. The role also manages all HSE issues pertaining to security logistics and acts as a focal point for journey management in security operations.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments for security land transport operations in relevant Western Nigeria States
- Implement adequate and fit-for-purpose security countermeasures to manage identified land transport risks to ALARP.
- Maintain close operational relationship and liaison with Government Security Agencies and SPY Police Command to deliver value to the business.
- Develop annual strategic direction for execution of escort support.
- Oversee close protection activities in Lagos.
- Manage logistics for Security operations.
- Liaison with the Security Operations Center and Control Room to ensure smooth, safe and secure logistics support services companywide.
- Monitor (in conjunction with SIS) changes in security climate and advise on security operation level pertaining to land transport and security logistics support.
- Ensure that required mitigation, in line with Security Operating Level, for all movements are in place.
- Accurately communicate pertinent information as relates to escorts and ensure journey close out.
- Ensuring security drivers adhere to HSE requirements to attain goal zero.
- Provide early warnings to the transport team and other customers on security incidents within Western Nigeria, especially Lagos which may affect movement.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the security dynamics across all 36 states in Nigeria.
- Understanding the security dynamics across Lagos and neighbouring States, implementation of controls based on robust security risks assessment.
- The optimization of limited resources to support ever growing business needs in the light of budgetary constraints.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution. Post graduate qualification in relevant fields will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the security situation in Lagos, Ogun and environs
- At least 5 years of relevant operational security experience.
- Ability to work across teams and collaborate with others to deliver result.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience in leading and managing teams
Interested and qualified candidate for “Shell Petroleum Development Company Graduate Recruitment” should click the button below and start their application before deadline.
APPLY HERE: Security Coordinator, SNG
APPLY HERE: Security Logistics Coordinator
Deadline: Not Specified